Looking to join a young and dynamic legal team with an innovative approach to the practice of law? Good news! We’re hiring at Legal Logik Saguenay!
- Meet with clients to assess their needs and propose appropriate legal solutions
- Assist with and manage various projects and take on additional administrative and managerial responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Manage multiple databases, including updating files and expanding content
- Work on a variety of commercial and corporate transactions including but not limited to asset purchases, share purchases, stock restrictions, share transfers and due diligence;
- Draft contractual agreements including but not limited to: shareholder agreements, service agreements, commercial leases, loan agreements, supplier agreements, joint ventures and trust deeds;
- Perform contract reviews of various types of agreements, providing explanations to clients regarding the content of various clauses, terminologies, etc.
- Oversee provincial and federal incorporations (including professional orders and not-for-profits), perform minute book audits, draft corporate resolutions, draft mergers and amendment to articles including modifications to share descriptions as required
- Conduct legal research as necessary to accommodate client needs and requests
- Respond effectively to a wide variety of requests for document customizations
- Execute corporate reorganizations, amalgamations, etc.
Skills and Attributes:
- Detail oriented and organized
- Self-starter, great energy and ability to work independently or with a team
- Ability to manage and track numerous files
- Ability to communicate and interface with a broad audience (including business partners outside of legal department) and management throughout the organization
- Strong drafting skills and analytical skills
- Thrive on challenges and having responsibility;
- Willingness to learn new skills and areas of law and business practice
- Experience with Juris Concept an asset
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Member of the Quebec Bar
- At least one year of experience in a commercial or corporate law environment
- Strong interest in business, commercial, and corporate law
- Strong entrepreneurial skills and the ability to be a strategic thinker;
- Ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities;
- Strong negotiation, decision-making and analytical skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as autonomously;
To apply, email attorney and Director of Legal Logik Saguenay, David Delisle at firstname.lastname@example.org