Annual Corporate Maintenance
Fulfil all your corporation’s yearly obligations easily and affordably. This all-in-one program gets it all done each year on time, guaranteed, preventing government penalties and keeping your corporation in good legal standing year after year.
With options for companies just starting out, and for companies with more complex operations, our Annual Maintenance Packages put your annual corporate obligations on autopilot.
Each of our Corporate Annual Maintenance packages include:
Filing of Annual Declaration(s)We’ll complete and file your legally-required annual declaration(s) each year, on time, with the provincial and/or federal government, ensuring your corporation remains in good standing.
Completion and Entry of all Annual ResolutionsWe’ll record and file all necessary resolutions to document changes in your corporation, keep your corporate minute book fully up-to-date, and confirm your fiscal year end (as required by law).
Fee PaymentWe’ll acquit all required government fees, so you avoid any and all penalties for late payment.
Secure Storage of Your Corporate Minute BookWe’ll store your minute book securely in our offices so it’s never lost or damaged.
Basic ModificationsChange of address, change of activities, change of director, additional trade name
Questions? We've Got Answers!
What are a corporation’s yearly legal obligations?
When you incorporate, the government requires that you fulfil a number of legal obligations each year:
- File annual declarations with the respective registries within the mandatory time delay (regardless of whether or not the information in the register needs to be changed).
- Acquit annual declaration fees when required.
- Preparation of annual resolutions approving the corporation’s financial statements in accordance with the fiscal year end date.
- Inform the respective business registries (Corporations Canada and/or The Quebec Enterprise Registry) of any modifications effected within the Corporation.
[br] Fulfilling these obligations requires effort, paperwork and the payment of annual fees when a business incorporates. Certain modifications to your corporation’s details requires additional fees. For more information, consult the fee chart Corporations Canada Fees and Service Standards chart or the Quebec Enterprise Register Tarifs et modalités de paiement.
What are the consequences of not fulfilling these obligations?
- If your annual declarations are not filed within six months of the mandatory deadline, the Québec government imposes a penalty. If not paid, you are also charged interest on this amount.
- If not filed for two consecutive years, the Quebec government may dissolve your business from the Quebec Enterprise Register.
- If dissolved, it is possible to revive your corporation. To revive a Quebec corporation, you must complete a demande de révocation de radiation service (available in French only) and pay a filing fee, in addition to any legal fees. You will also have to file any outstanding declarations and pay unpaid fees from previous years.
- If your annual declarations are not filed for two consecutive years, the federal government may dissolve your corporation.
- If dissolved, it is possible to revive a federal corporation. To revive a federal corporation, you will need to complete and sign Form 15 – Articles of Revival, complete a NUANS name search to verify that the corporate name you were incorporated under is still available , and pay a filing fee in addition to any legal fees.
What is the Legal Logik Corporate Annual Maintenance Program?
To help our clients get all the paperwork completed each year on time we’ve designed a convenient Annual Maintenance Program. This all-in-one package ensures that all your corporation’s legal obligations are fulfilled each year, on time, ensuring your corporation remains in good legal standing. For $199.00 + tax per year for a provincial corporation, and $219 + tax per year for a federal corporation, our Basic Annual Corporate Maintenance package includes:
- Filing of Annual Declaration(s): We’ll complete and file the required annual declaration(s) each year, on time, with the provincial and/or federal government, ensuring your corporation remains in good standing.
- Preparation of the Corporation’s Annual Resolutions: We’ll prepare the corporation’s annual resolutions, maintain the corporate minute book and confirm the financial statements have been presented to the shareholders and directors of the corporation within the legal delays.
- Fee Payment: We’ll acquit any required declaration fees for the current year, so you avoid any and all penalties for late payment
- Updates to Appropriate Corporate Registry: If your corporation’s information changes, we will update your file with the appropriate registry.
- Secure Storage of Your Corporate Minute Book: We’ll store your minute book securely in our offices and will create and maintain an exact digital replication that you may consult at any time.
- Elected Domicile: When we take over your annual maintenance, we’re listed as your Elected Domicile (Domicile Élu), which means that government correspondence regarding your corporation will be sent right to us. You won’t have to worry about scanning, faxing or mailing us letters you receive.
This programs puts an end to worries about the annual declarations, paperwork and deadlines for your corporation, so you can focus on your business. Sign up using the form above.
Are there any additional fees when subscribed to this program?
Certain corporate amendments or actions require additional fees. These include actions such as the following:
- Certificate of Dissolution
- Assistance with tax numbers and forms
- Certificate of Continuance
- Amendment of articles (Name change, modification of share description)
We offer each of these services at competitive rates.
Can I cancel my Annual Corporate Maintenance subscription?
You may cancel your Annual Corporate Maintenance subscription at any time during the year before the service is completed, and at any time for the following year.